This Guide introduces the communication platforms used by the MakerDAO Community.
MakerDAO utilizes with platforms geared towards promoting open-source feedback, communication, transparency, and clarity. While there is no sophisticated software stack, community members should be comfortable with the more heavily used tools.
Tools and Tips
- GitHub Desktop
- Broken Link Checker
- Markdown Table Maker: for Google Sheets.
- Code Blocks: for formatting blocks of code in a doc or adding Markdown.
- Download to Google Drive: Handy button in HackMD.
- Markdown Conversion: for Google Drive.
- A long stack-exchange thread on this use case.
- Figma: Creates visual mockups, especially for team collaboration.
- Whimsical: Creates flow charts.
Wallets and 3rd Party Services
- Metamask | Argent | Zerion: Wallets for governance voting, or for sending and receiving Dai.
- Note: Maker uses the Kovan testnet for developing and testing.
- Request Network: Send invoices for Dai.